General Site Data
The Community Marketing Blog launched in May 2008.
Audience reach of over 1.8 million professionals via LinkedIn and Twitter.
Over 40 writers have contributed to this site with 360+ posts.
In 2009 there were 135,000+ page visits and 2,150+ comments.
2009 internationally ranking was in the top 138,800+ sites (Alexa.com)
- Ranked circa 22,381 in the US, circa 19,387 in Canada, circa 62,675 in the UK
- View Closing December 2009 Alexa Ranking
Ranked internationally within the top 150,522 sites (Quantcast.com)
- View Closing December 2009 Quantcast Ranking
Over 30 countries reached via LinkedIn and Twitter.
Social media is the strongest topic. 2010 topics will diversify into broad marketing.
Featured by TypePad as an expert site along with Malcom Gladwell and Seth Godin. View TypePad Feature
Site content has been covered in mass media by the Wall Street Journal This Morning and Quebecor across 26 major regional papers.
Data source: Quantcast and Alexa
What Does The Average Visitor Look Like?
Average time on page: 3:06 minutes
Average pages per visit: 1.62
Age: More mature - 22% 18-34, 44% 35-49, 34% 50+
Income: More affluent - 28% $60-100k, 39% $100k +
Education: More educated - 51% college graduate, 27% post graduate
Data source: Quantcast and Google Analytics
Timeline of Growth and Development
- The Community Marketing Blog was started in May of 2008 by Andrew Ballenthin.
- Throughout 2008 the site achieved a maximum of 100-150 page views per month.
- In January 2009 a goal was set to reach an audience of 1 million people without paying a dollar in advertising. Only $75 in test marketing has been spent.
- January 2009 the Community Marketing Blog had an Alexa site ranking of 13 million plus.
- By March of 2009 the site achieved its best one time ranking of being in the top 46,931 sites worldwide for just one day. It was an improvement of over 12,365,927 positions in 90 days or 14,100%.
- March 2009 the site attracted the attention of the Wall Street Journal This Morning. This resulted in two online radio interviews.
- In May of 2009 the first Blog-Off contest was started. Over 40 people applied, 15 people competed.
- 8 of the original contestants have gone on to write further articles for this blog. They include, Sara Barton, Julie Tyios, Megan McQ, Andrew Jenkins, Jenmy Huynh, Catherine Mcquaid and Wayne Kessler and Chad Rothschild.
- November 2009 Blog-Off II was launched with 7 main volunteers co-promoting it.
- In December 2009 The Community Marketing Blog was featured by TypePad as an expert site along with Malcom Gladwell and Seth Godin.
- 2009 closed with 135,000+ incremental new page views, 360+ posts, 2,150+ comments.
- Closing worldwide ranking for 2009 found this site within the top 138,800+ sites by Alexa (150,522 Quantcast): US - 22,381; Canada - 19,387; United Kingdom 62,675; India 64,204 - Closing December 2009 Alexa Ranking
Blog-Off Contest Statistics