By Andrew Ballenthin
Blog-Off II is here and we're searching for the best social media and marketing experts who know how to command top online social media and marketing performance. Would you like to know how well you rank compared to other marketing and social media bloggers? Would you like to be independently recognized as a thought leader? If the answer is yes, enter Blog-Off II, it's a contest for professionals who meet and exceed the standards they set for their clients and employers in online leadership.
This is your chance to really shine (or shine some more) and show how excellent you are as a marketing and/or social media expert in practicing the skills you apply every day for your clients or your company or yourself.
This relaxed, fun and engaging event has an amazing and highly qualified Dream Team (you've got to meet them) who will be evaluating Blog-Off contestants on:
- Captivating blog headlines - how good are they?
- Quality - what is the originality, depth and quality of writing?
- Traffic - how many page visits were you able to generate for your content?
- Dialog - how many people commented and how did you respond?
- Length of visit - did your audience stay engaged?
What's The Reward?
|1st Place - $25,000* in Stunning International Prizes|
2nd and 3rd Place - $10,000* Each in Prize Value
- A group interview with the new BlogTalkRadio show Game Changers that features professionals who stand above the everyday business crowd.
- Press releases and notifications announcing the top 3 winners through uSocial, PRInside, Merinews, NewsVine, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn giving notice to an audience of over 1.5 million people.
1. You want to increase your visibility and leadership position.
2. You want 3rd party verification of your capabilities as a testimonial for your clients or an employer.
3. You want to meet other like minded top professionals and exchange learning.
4. You want to stretch beyond being a solo or corporate blogger and show more people what you can do.
5. You potentially want to join our growing community of writers.
Stage 1. Enter and Qualify
Note in the Comment section at the bottom of this blog:
- What is your area of expertise in social media and/or marketing.
- How long have you been practicing?
- What is your best online accomplishments in blogging?
- How did you achieve your best result? Explain.
- What topics would you be writing about for the contest?
- Links to past blogs or content and a personal profile.
Stage 2. Qualified Entrants Will Be Notified
Our esteemed Dream Team will evaluate contestants and notify you at least 2-3 days before the contest start date. Once notified you will be issued access to Google Analytics to track some of your statistics and see how fellow competitors are performing.
Stage 3. Compete
The contest will run from December 1 - 12, 2009. A minimum of 2 posts within the Community Marketing Blog are required to qualify as a contestant. Blog-off writers may publish up to 6 articles within the Community Marketing Blog. For contestants that post more than two blogs, performance measurements will be prorated across the multiple submissions. Two performance reports will be issued for the 1st and 2nd week to let you know your ranking. Contestants will be able access Google Analytics for daily updates at their discretion.
Stage 4. Enjoy Your Victory
Within 3 weeks of the contest completion you will enjoy the benefits of prize package noted above. A phone conference will be open to all Blog-Off II contestants on December 16 at 12:00 EST enabling people to share their stories, learning and make first hand contact with each other. Blog-off II judges will evaluate which writers they will extend membership to for joining our community and announce this in outgoing communications.
What Is The Community Marketing Blog?
The Community Marketing Blog is a group of 12 writers that believes there is strength in cooperatively building one brand and creating a competitive communication advantage together in a noisy online world. Over the past 6 months topics have mainly trended on social media. Going into 2010 the Community Marketing Blog will transition to a wider mix of marketing and social media to assist a wider scope of readers.
To see statistics on who reads the Community Marketing Blog and our performance achievements click here.
About Our Dream Team For Blog-Off II
For more information click on any person to go to the Dream Team biography page. This highly talented and accomplished group will be evaluating contestants and looking for the best-of-the-best.
Andrew Ballenthin, Community Marketing Blog Founder. President, Sol Solutions
Andrew Jenkins, Founder of Volterra Consulting
Jon Hansen, Host of online talk show PI Window
Julie Tyios, CEO, Red Juice Media
Mark Sinclair, Executive Producer, YourBusinessChannel.com
Mike McClure, Executive Creative Director, The Yaffe Group
Patrice-Anne Rutledge, Best Selling Author and 28 published books
Ted Morris, Marketing expert, quoted in Advertising Age, CNN Money, etc.
To Contact Us
Prize Sponsorship for Winners Welcome
Email contest director for Blog-Off II Andrew Ballenthin. Allow up to 48 hours for reply.
If you would like to be a sponsor and donate prizes please contact Andrew Ballenthin.
Let's Get Started.
Enter the requested information in Stage 1 above in the Comment section below.
Indemnification: All bloggers that publish content on the Community Marketing Blog will be solely responsible for the accuracy, correctness and copyright protection of their own content. The Community Marketing Blog does not endorse, censor or edit author’s contributions. We reserve the right to remove blogs that may be offensive in nature or posted for the sole purpose of self-promotion or other reasons deemed professionally inappropriate. All authors are fully responsible for any legal issues that may arise from their content and hold the Community Marketing Blog and all it’s contributors harmless and indemnified against any action which may result from content posted. The Community Marketing Blog and its founders reserve the right to expand or alter indemnification and contest terms without notice. By entering your name in the Comment section below you are acknowledging that you agree to these terms. The Community Marketing Blog reserves the right to change contest terms at it's discretion without notification but will endeavor to not deviate from the original terms made public.,
**Prize Terms: prizes are not transferrable to cash. Prizes may be subject to change without notice.