Last week 25 people answered our question, “who wants to be part of our rapidly growing blog on social media and marketing?” But who really is the best fit? In the spirit of social media and its evolution we are hosting a 2 week “Blog-Off Contest”. Just like a dance-off contest that tests quality, endurance, appeal and popularity we are going to ask these thought leaders to step into the social media arena and let their audiences decide if they have what it takes to be the best.
If you didn't enter last week, no worries, there's still time to join. Just follow the steps below.
The winners of this contest will become guest authors on our Community Marketing Blog and enjoy a great variety of benefits that most solo bloggers achieve only after a significant investment of resources.
Blog-Off Contest - Overview of What’s Involved
Stage 1 – Getting Started: Are You The Best? Contest Entry
Stage 2 – Create Content, Traffic And Interaction
Stage 3 – Who Are The Best Bloggers? News Release To Follow
Advantages Winning Bloggers Can Look Forward To
Enter Your Information In the Comment Section At The Bottom To Get Started
Stage 1 – Getting Started: Are You The Best? (Running May 11-15)
Enter the following information below in the comments section for consideration.
1. Tell us: your name and email address, 1 sentence on what area of social media or marketing you are a thought leader in (or aspiring to be) in; 1-2 sentence about your career and 1-2 sentences about your strategy for winning this contest; 1 sentence on why you’ll be a great fit as part of an entrepreneurial/seasoned team on the Community Marketing Blog.
2. By May 14 we’ll make a selection from the entrants that make the strongest case why they’ll be great long term contributors and notify them they’ve qualified for Stage 2.
3. We will contact you with a login and password.
4. On Monday May 18 we will post a news link on who the qualified entrants are to over a million people via Linkedin, twitter, and several others social networking sites.
Stage 2 – What’s Next: Create Content, Traffic and Interaction (May 16-30)
1. Bloggers will have 2 weeks to submit a minimum of 2 articles and post them directly on our blog.
2. During this 2 week period we’ll be measuring how much traffic the authors drive to their article.
3. We will also be measuring how many comments writers manage to generate on their topic.
4. On Monday May 25 and June 1 we’ll post 2 separate digests updating our social networks what the rankings are and any exciting news that’s developing.
Stage 3 – Who Are The Best New Bloggers Joining The Community Marketing Blog? (June 1-3)
The criteria for winning is simple. We will add a minimum of 5-10 new authors to the Community Marketing Blog based on who achieved top performance in the prior 2 weeks in the following areas:
1. Who generated the most traffic to their individual blog posts?
2. Who was able to facilitate the most comments of visitors on the article they published?
The winners be announced in a news release which will be circulated to our million plus LinkedIn members via Group and News discussion which includes executives, business owners and media.
Advantages Winning Bloggers Will Enjoy As Part Of The Community Marketing Blog
1. Each week we will create a digest of all blogs submitted and circulate this to our News groups on LinkedIn which reaches over a million professionals in 30 countries.
2. By being part of a community of bloggers, each dedicated to driving traffic to this site, we can realistically achieve a top 50,000 website position in the world within the next 90 days.
3. Cross exposure of up to 10,000 page visits per week.
4. Excellent search engine visibility. We see regular Google top 10 positions on total results between 10 million to 80 million.
5. The opportunity to contribute to our ongoing social media research which has enabled us to shift our site ranking over 11.5 million positions in 90 days and gain thousands of new readers.
6. The possibility of having your content being included in one of 2 books on social media and marketing we are presently writing.
7. The opportunity to join a blog in growth mode without being required to worry about design, maintenance, building a reputation for your blog. We have invested heavily in all these areas.
8. The opportunity to enjoy a leadership position in business communities that look for quality thought leadership and practical advice.
9. The potential for media attention and new clients as a result of building traffic, interaction and relationships. Within 5 months we’ve been interviewed twice by the Wall Street Journal This Morning, contributed to several journalists research, seen our content go viral and spread to hundreds of websites, started new strategic relationships and enjoyed a growing number of leads for new clients and much more.
10. The ability to co-author articles with the founder of the community marketing blog and have content made available to our network of 1 million professionals.
11. The opportunity to share best practice with other bloggers on the Community Marketing Blog to expedite learning, traffic and invaluable information on how to maximize value from your efforts.
12. The potential to bring your expertise to our technical arena and improve the Community Marketing Blog with the latest learning and applications.
13. The ability to collaborate with the founder, and other authors in this community, for webinars and work together to co-promote your event.
14. Sharing of our knowledge on how to tap into several hundred thousand targeted readers on LinkedIn to assist in driving traffic, interaction and potential new relationships and revenue.
Let’s Get Started:
Enter the information requested in Stage 1 into the Comment section below.
Indemnification: All bloggers that publish content on the Community Marketing Blog will be solely responsible for the accuracy, correctness and copyright protection of their own content. The Community Marketing Blog does not endorse, censor or edit author’s contributions but reserve the right to remove blogs that may be offensive in nature or posted for the sole purpose of self-promotion or other reasons deemed professionally inappropriate. All authors are fully responsible for any legal issues that may arise from their content and hold the Community Marketing Blog and it’s founders harmless and indemnified against any action which may result of content posted. The Community Marketing Blog and its founders reserves the right to expand or alter indemnification clauses without notice. By entering your name in the Comment section below you are acknowledging that you agree to these terms. The Community Marketing Blog reserves the right to change contest terms at it's discretion without notification to entrants but will endeavor to not deviate from the original terms made public and forsees no reason why contest terms should or will change from what is posted above.